Annual Convention of Members
Each year in August brothers from all around the world will represent the chiropractic profession in an annual convention of members. The purpose of the assembly will be to bring together information and news about the activities, successes and challenges fundamental to the mission and objectives of Delta Sigma Chi.
This convention of members will then be able to take effective actions to continue to provide service and support to the inherent values and founding principles of chiropractic. The Convention of Members shall be convened by the Board of Directors of the Grand Council and shall be the Annual Meeting of Delta Sigma Chi International Chiropractic Fraternity and serve as the venue for the election of officers and directors for the next term of office.
The Representative Assembly is made up of Chapter Presidents and Delegates, Regional Representatives and State and Provincial Representatives at the Annual Convention of Members.
Chapter Presidents and Delegates
- Chapter Presidents shall attend the Annual Convention as the official representative of their Chapter with the designation of Student Member and shall represent the interests of their Chapter to the Grand Council.
- Each Chapter may send one Delegate to the annual meeting for each ten active members or major fraction thereof, and each delegate shall have one vote.
- There shall be one representative for the Northeast, Southeast, Upper Midwest, Lower Midwest, Southwest and Northwest Regions of the United States.
- There shall be one representative for the Eastern and Western Regions of Canada.
- There shall be one representative each for Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Latin America and South American Regions.
- Regional representatives shall report on activities or any concerns or opportunities from their region to the Vice President and at the Annual Convention.
- Regional Representatives shall attend the Annual Meeting and host at least one Regional Gathering each year.
State and Provincial Representatives
- There shall be one representative for each of the United States and for each of the Canadian Provinces who shall be recognized at the annual meeting and shall report any concerns or opportunities to their respective Regional Representative.
- And shall help coordinate regional gatherings with the Regional Representative.
If you are someone who loves our fraternity, helping others and serving chiropractic being a Representative is an opportunity made for you.
As a Representative you play a vital role in our fraternity. Representatives will be bringing information about the events, threats and opportunities to an annual meeting for the purpose of identifying the status of chiropractic in the US, Canada and around the world. The Annual Convention of Representatives will be one of the most powerful gatherings of chiropractors committed to offer service and support to the founding principles of chiropractic.
As a Representative you will be the contact person for brothers graduating from chiropractic colleges and universities who are coming into their state, province or region. This is a vital and important role to be able to facilitate their transition from student to practicing chiropractor.
Representatives will be selected by criteria of practice success, influence on chiropractic and leadership positions you hold or have held in chiropractic organizations. The link below will allow you to complete and submit your information. You will be notified within one week about your confirmation to be a Representative.